Creating an eCommerce website in today’s fast-paced digital world has become simple due to the rapid development of the industry that offers superior software and tools. One of the most economical and convenient platforms for developing an attractive and engaging website is Magento. If you are an internet-focused business owner or brand looking to grow online, we strongly advise you to learn about Magento development and how you can improve your business performance with this platform. – sophisticated shape.
Magento is considered to be one of the smartest e-commerce solutions that improves website performance and simplifies the design process. However, with every online tool comes the responsibility to maintain and improve speed, customer experience, and security. Neglecting these aspects could lead to poor performance, loss of revenue, and overall company credibility. Moreover, it could also lead to system hacks or customer data leaks that will damage a company’s reputation.
We have put together a comprehensive checklist that will guide you through the process of maintaining your Magento eCommerce website; Check it out:
- Make sure you have the latest version – Just like our phones, it is essential to renew websites with the latest version of Magento software. Development companies and Magento developers work tirelessly to fix bugs, speed, security issues, and overall performance. Hence, this results in the most robust and trusted platform that users can securely shop on.
- Test the speed – For a good user experience, website speed is essential. ~40% of users abandon the cart when a website page takes more than 3 seconds to load. Run load tests regularly to check for delays. If you notice a lag, it’s probably time to upgrade the Magento site to its latest version. Remember that good speed will ensure higher conversion rates and lower bounce rates.
- Mobile friendly – Today, mobile commerce is of utmost importance. With over 80% of users shopping on mobile devices, a mobile-friendly website is an absolute must. Ask your Magento development company to use mobile responsive themes. Google also prefers mobile-friendly websites and automatically streamlines the user experience for mobile-friendly sites.
- Choose the right hosting service – For easy and hassle-free maintenance, opt for a reliable hosting service. Choose the service provider based on website size, database size and Magento version. Avoid using free or cheap hosting services as they cannot afford the best service and are unreliable. Invest in a top hosting platform to stay ahead of the game with the best eCommerce website.
- security safety – To avoid the transmission of sensitive information such as login credentials, customer addresses, payment details, etc., securing your Magento website is crucial. Invest in an SSL certificate that will protect all website data. Do not forget to renew from time to time. Additionally, protect the admin panel with two-factor authentication to prevent passwords from leaking.
- Smooth ordering process – The ultimate goal of any e-commerce website is sales. Any disruption or error will result in cart abandonment. A seamless ordering and payment process will increase customer sales and repeat rates. Shoppers are more likely to return to a website that offers smooth and fast checkout. With Magento, you can customize a fast checkout process and provide a net e-commerce solution website.
- Database management – Magento logs all customer data such as search history, clicks and customer data. For stable performance, clean up the log manually or via PHP scripts. But don’t forget to resume!
- Hire a Magento development company – Managing and maintaining a Magento website can be tedious. There are many aspects to this, as a business grows it can become quite difficult to manage with a small team. It is advisable to hire a Magento eCommerce development team that has the expertise and will take care of everything on your behalf.
In summary, having a good understanding of how a website works is essential to ensure that it delivers the best performance. With these tips, you can now get a stable and efficient website developed by Magento